So it’s been a couple weeks… I’m not talking about how long it’s been since my last blog post, I’m talking about how long I’ve been the big 3-0 for. Yup, I’m officially thirty years old! Now if you were to ask my 19 year-old-self what I thought my like would look like when I was thirty, this is what I would’ve said:
- I’d be married married to some hunk I’d meet in college
- I’d have at least one kid
- I’d be teaching high school juniors or seniors (honor students of course)
- I’d be a home owner
HA. But here’s my reality:
- I’m single… but totally okay with it (especially since it’s God’s will right now)
- NO kids
- I’ve NEVER taught high school; I taught 7th grade. And now I’m an Instructional Coach at an ELEMENTARY school, working on my master’s degree to be a PRINCIPAL.
- I live in a super-nice apartment with one of my best friends.
Definitely not what I had in mind. But you know what? I’m so happy and content. Content, yet willing to be uncomfortable with leaps of faith. Why is that? Well, because when I was 20 years old I got saved and since then I’ve wanted God to have His way in my life.
Looking back on my twenties, numerous things have happened!
- Got a bachelor’s degree
- Moved to Liberal, KS
- Became a teacher
- Coached soccer
- Coached basketball
- Started graduate courses for my master’s
- Made some of the greatest friends I could ever ask for (future bridesmaids?!)
- Purchased my first (and second) iPhone (haha) ((soon to be third))
- Bought my first vehicle all by myself
- Most importantly, I accepted Jesus Christ as my Savior!
I had a BLAST in my twenties! God brought me through a lot; praise the Lord. He changed my life! I’m not who I was, thank goodness; and I’m excited for my thirties! I know God still has great things for me.
So mark it down, here’s what I *think* my life will look like when I’m forty:
- Married (lol, of course… only if it’s God’s will)
- A kid or two
- Principal at a middle school or maybe even elementary school
- Owning a home
- Raising my family in Liberal, KS still
We… Shall… See…! God’s plans for my twenties were way better than what I had in mind, so I can only imagine what He has in-store for me in my thirties!
“Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.” -Proverbs 3:5-6 KJV